Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I'm still alive!

Yup that's right, I still exist.

I'm working for a temp agency these days; they have me doing accounts payable stuff for an oilfield company. The work is not too monotonous, and I am picking everything up quite quickly. The accounting manager has been talking about hiring me permanently, we'll see if that pans out once they discover I have virtually no accounting background! The location is perfect; I have a 15 minute walk from my bus to the office in the morning and a 20-25 minute walk to class after work, or to my bus, as the case may be. The walking does me good, and the way things work out, I don't have to be late for my choir rehearsals.

Last week was my 25th birthday... quarter century, kinda funny to think of. I'm a bit depressed because I am no farther ahead in my life than I was 5 years ago, and I certainly haven't accomplished any of the things I wanted to do by the time this landmark came around. Hopefully I will be there by 30. Sigh.

I went out for dinner with Mom and Dad, which was very nice. Well, the "with Mom and Dad" part was nice. The resteraunt, we do not plan to revisit. After that, I went to the bar with some friends, had a good time there too.

I think I've just run out of useful things to say, so I guess I'll just publish this....

Oh, by the way, if you want to see newer Katie pics, click here.

No comments: